Saturday 18 November 2017

PATIENCE: Musa and Khidr as case study 2.



                       
 Assalaam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu dearest brothers and sisters!

How have you been all this while?  Hope you've been patiently waiting for the concluding part of Musa and Khidr's story?

Don't worry dear, the concluding part is right here!!!

   As I was saying, Musa and his boy servant retraced their step back to the place where the fish Got back into the river.

   As they got there, they met Khidr, a very knowledgeable and wise man!  Maa sha Allah?! Alhamdulillah that they patiently retraced their steps!  Khidr is a very knowledgeable man to the extent that he could know what will happen in the future, that which Allah allowed him to know.


     Musa (A. S.), very hungry for knowledge said to him,  "Shall I follow you so that you can teach me from what Allah has taught you? "
    Khidr replied  "Surely, you cannot have patience with me. How can you have patience in what you cannot comprehend? ".
   Then Musa said, " If Allah pleases, I will be patient and I won't disobey you in any matter".
   So Khidr said,  "if you would follow me, then do not question me about anything until I mention it to you ".

  So they resumed their journey together and then, they embarked on a boat and Khidr made a hole in it.  Musa exclaimed, "Have you made a hole  in it to drawn it's inmates? Certainly, you've done a grievous thing!".

"Haven't I told you that you will not be able to be patient with me? " Khidr said to him.

Musa, who had forgotten his promise earlier then replied him " Do not blame me for what I forgot and do not constrain me to a difficult thing in my affair."

  With this, they continued on the journey until they met a boy and Khidr killed him! Subhanallah.

   Musa was so shocked and full of sympathy for the boy. He didn't know when he said "You have killed an innocent person who has done you no wrong?  Certainly, you've done an evil thing!".

     "Haven't I told you that you will not be able to exercise patience with me? " Khidr reminded him.

       Musa became calm again. He said, "if I ask you about anything after this, then do not keep me in your company anymore" .



Han han.... This is dangerous ooo.... Musa asked Khidr not to keep him in his company anymore if he asked any other questions.  Will he ask another question?  Will he be able to be very patient and learn?  If you are in his shoes, can you be more patient than him?  .....


I wish to put you guys in suspense and postpone the remaining part till another time but.......

I won't do that cos it will enhance my laziness and I think it might not be too fair on you... So, good news!  Am concluding it. Right now.

But wait!  Please Note, any mistake committed by the Prophets is to correct us and provide more hidaya for us. We have to learn from them and never criticize. 
 
Now, Let's continue.

     Since Musa had given Khidr the authority to dismiss him if he asks any question again, then they continued their journey. They then reached a town where they asked the people of the town to accommodate and feed them. The people refused to feed them and they were not welcomed as guest.  As they were going, they found a wall in this town which was about to collapse and Khidr put it in the right position to prevent it from falling.

    Musa was surprised by the act of his odd companion and he talked again o.  " if you wish, you would have taken something (wage)  for the wall you mend". Since they didn't entertain them in the town, then nothing should be done for them for free.

Khidr then replied, "this shall be the separation between me and you. And now, I will tell you the significance of that which you cannot have patience".

   Then he started telling him the reasons behind each of his actions.
1. As for the boat, it belonged to some poor men who worked on the river. There was a king behind them who seized every boat by force.  So, if he sees a damage in their ship, then it won't be seized.
2. As for the boy, his parents were believers and righteous people, he was killed because if he grows up, he would turn to disbelief and an ingrate. So, we hope that Allah will give them another, who will be pious and pure.

3. And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphans in the city. Under the wall lay their treasure. Their father was a righteous man  and Allah desired that they take out their treasure when they are matured enough to do so.

"I do not did not do all this out of my own will but those are what Allah wants. These are what you can not have patience about".

And that was the end of the adventure between Musa (A. S.)  and Al-Khidr.

Allah's messenger (SAW) said, "We wish Musa had more patience so that Allah might have described to us more about their story." (Sahih Bukhari, vol. 6, hadith No. 249).

   I know more details about this story than what was written here but have forgotten where I learnt them from so, I was afraid to share wrong information with you guys but I just found the source while I was going through my tafseer book so,  in Shaa Allah, when I get the time, I might put some additions to the story but before then, let's learn from this! 

     
         There are so many lessons to be learnt from this story. But, talking about patience, lemme pull out some lessons and leave you to find the rest.

     ⊙ BE PATIENT, You don't know until Allah allows you to know.  So, never conclude until you know.  There are so many things that might seem as if we've known them, but in the real sense, we haven't known anything about them. We have to be very patient and calm and not judge into conclusions until Allah shows us the end of the matter.  We can see how Musa hastily tagged Khidr an evil doer for killing the child. Unknown to him, there was more to the killing than what he just saw.

⊙ BE PATIENT, perhaps, that harm that befalls you is for your own good.  Allah is the Supreme, The Master Planner. He plans all things accurately without any mistake. We can never know what will happen to us in the nearest future so, don't be too worried, hopeless and sad for what happens to you now.  This reminds me something that happened to my sister. There was a pair of shoes she had not been  wearing for a very long time because of some flaws in the shoes. One-day, she decided to polish the shoes, perhaps the flaws will be hidden. As expected, most of the flaws were hidden after being polished. Then she wore the shoes. I was really happy for her that she could wear the shoes for sometimes since the flaws are hidden.

     As we were trekking some distance not too long for people like us, one of the shoe's sole just went off.  I was so surprised and disappointed because I thought the shoes would last longer.
   After a while, as I was meditating about the incident, I learn something from it.  Subhanallah, I remembered this verse from suratul Lukman, verse 34

And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow,....

If that is the case, then no one should be overjoyous when good things happen and one should be PATIENT and not too sad when bad things happen because you never know if that calamity that befalls you is what will lead you to greatness.  As we can see, Musa thought Khidr did a bad thing by putting a damage on the boat. Unknown to him, the damage done is only to save the owners of the boat from a wicked ruler.

⊙Lastly, BE PATIENT for Allah is full of mercy.

May Allah bestow us with the gift of patience.  (Aamin)  ...

Kindly comment if you have anything for me. Maybe I need to improve in some aspects, or you think I should continue with my random topics or there are somethings you don't like about my post.  All criticisms are welcomed, provided they are constructive.

Pls Note, am only sharing what I know on this blog. Not that am one shaykhah or ‘Aalimah...
No o, not at all...please put that in mind.  May Allah help us all.


Wassalaam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu.

No comments: