Friday 9 March 2018

DEVIL'S DECEPTION : MUSIC


 

    Assalaam alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu siblings in Islam. It's been a while. How are you all?  Am sorry for not writing since these days. It was because of school stress. Though, that is not a tenable excuse but just help me to accept it like that.
     Yes, it's about music today! Let's discuss the evil in music.
What's music?  Music is a group of sounds arranged in a way that is pleasant or exciting to listen to.
Shaytan (devil) is an arrogant being who was firstly known as Iblees. He was cursed by Allah when he refused to bow to Prophet Aadam (A. S.). So, Allah banished him from paradise and he asked Allah to grant him many things including the following :

*To be the last being to die.
* To be given power to mislead men and make them disobey Allah.
In Suratus Saad: Quran 38:77-85, the conversation between Allah and Shaytan after he refused to bow to Prophet Adam goes as follows:
" [Allah] said, "Then get out of Paradise, for indeed, you are expelled. And indeed, upon you is My curse until the Day of Recompense. He said, "My Lord, then reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected. [Allah] said, "So indeed, you are of those reprieved. Until the Day of the time well-known." [Iblees] said, "By your might, I will surely mislead them all. Except, among them, Your chosen servants." [Allah] said, "The truth [is My oath], and the truth I say -[That] I will surely fill Hell with you and those of them that follow you all together."
 Here, it can be seen that Shaytan promised to mislead men and Allah promised to fill hell with people that follow Shaytan. May Allah protect us from jahannam.
Among the many tools of Shaytan used in the course of misleading men, music and musical instruments are one of his major tools. It's like the Quran of Shaytan. Anything associated with music is of Shaytan and Shaytan is the accursed being. Music is one of the things Allah frowns at and Allah said in Suratul-Lukman 31: 6
"And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech (music, singing etc) to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge and who takes it (the way of Allah) in ridicule. Those will have a humiliating punishment (in the hell-fire)."
The above verse refers to music because music is what misleads men unconsciously. Anybody who gets addicted to music will find the word of Allah (Quran and teachings  of Islam) so boring and stressful that he will prefer the music to any thing else.
This fact is very true and at this point, let me narrate my own personal experience with regards to music.
There was a period in my life that I was so addicted to Indian movies that I couldn't do but to watch them. I loved the way they depict love and the way they sing in melodious, striking voice. After watching a movie I loved so much, I would download those interesting music sang in the movie. When I got bored, I would listen to the music because it seemed pleasing to me. During that time,  I had Indian songs on my phone and at the same time, I  still had Quran and some other islamic lectures.  The pathetic thing I noticed was that after listening to the song and the next thing my phone automatically played was Quran or some islamic lectures, I would feel a sort of anger and irritation in me that I would quickly change it to another song or repeat the one I was listening to before. Subhanallah, Astaghfirullah.
I didn't know how much I have been affected by the music I was listening to. I found it more interesting to listen to music than to listen to Quran or some other Islamic lectures. Alhamdulillah, I got to realise this and I had to delete all the songs on my phone. Though it was difficult at first but with time, Alhamdulillah, music becomes something detested.
Listening to music makes the listener's heart to rot bit by bit until he is having a dark, evil, wicked heart which will always listen to the will of shaytan instead of the Almighty that created him! Listeners of music behave consciously and unconsciously in line with what they listen to. The laws of Allah become very difficult to adhere to as Shaytan is dictating to them, through music, what they should do and what they shouldn't do against Allah's commandment.
The Prophet (S.A.W.) said:
   "from among my followers, there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk,  the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments as lawful... And Allah will transform them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the day of Resurrection". Sahih Bukhari.
Shaykh ibn Baz (may Allah have mercy on him) said concerning the above hadith:
"...the hadith indicates that musical instruments are Haram, and condemns those who say they are halal just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed".
Whoever claims that Allah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and he is committing a great sin because Allah can not give what Shaytan uses to us (the believers) because He will prevent us from obeying Shaytan's will.  Shaytan's instrument is music and he will always use it at the slightest opportunity to dissuade people from obeying Allah. Music leads to so many vices like illegal sexual intercourse, sex intermingling, drinking etc. The root of all vices is music.
It is an established fact that nothing is prohibited by Allah except what is harmful to us. Some experiments carried out by doctors and professors confirmed that the music of today is such that it does not only affect the brain, but each and every organ of one's body. There is a close relationship between music and bodily movements. We get to realise that people listening to music automatically start tapping their fingers and feet as if the music is permeating in their blood. It is also proved that music affects one's emotions, increases arousal in terms of alertness and excitement and also leads to various psychological changes in the person.
It was found that listening to moderate type of music increases one's normal heart beat while listening to rock music, the heart beat increases further. Yet, people claim that music has no effect!
It is an ignorant view that music gives away sadness and it whiles away time. DECEPTION! Shaytan's way of making people go deep into sins. Remember how he decieved our father to take the forbidden fruit?  He convinced him that the fruit would make him live forever and will give him power. That is the exact thing Shaytan is doing to make people find it difficult to quit listening to music.
The music of nowadays talks mainly of foul dirty things like sex, romance, love, immorality etc.

ALTERNATIVE TO MUSIC
My brothers and sisters who want to quit music. Yes, you have to quit cos music is dangerous. It's dangerous to your life and hereafter. May Allah crown your efforts and reward your struggles. With my own little understanding, I think you can take these few steps to quit listening to music. It might be difficult at first, but trust Allah, with time, you will find music like filth and it will turn to what you detest most in Shaa Allah.
1. Have the intention of doing this only to please Allah. Just for Allah's sake.
2. Conquer all egos, defeat what's whispering to you to listen to music. Do not listen to shaytan.
3. Without any other thought, delete all music on your phone. Replace them with lectures and Quran. (Do not think twice while doing this!)
4. When you have the urge to listen to music, play the Quran and listen to it. It may be difficult at first, but with time, you will be used to it.
5. Avoid gatherings that will make you listen to music. Try to advise your friends and those that can influence you to go back to music. Advise them and share what you know to them.

I pray that you find this very beneficial and may Allah make His Deen more easy to follow. May He protect us from shaytan and his evil called music and may we be guided to the right path. Aamin.
NOTE!  ANYTHING I POST HERE IS MEANT TO BENEFIT ME AND YOU. I AM NOT PERFECT AND I AM JUST TRYING TO SHARE WHAT I LEARN FOR OTHERS TO KNOW. MAY ALLAH INCREASE US ALL IN KNOWLEDGE.
ASSALAAM ALAYKUM WARAHMATULLAH WABARAKATUHU.

No comments: